About Me

I am also a wife, mother, elected official, cyclist, nerd, church volunteer, musician,victim of adult-onset athleticism, community volunteer, and homemaker. I am married to Fun Has Arrived (FHA) and am mother of Astronerd and B. Contact me at Karenchronicles at gmail dot com.

Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

February 8, 2012

We have made our way out of the land of children's books.  Now we briefly head back into the land of recorded media.


1. Little Women VHS.  My kids and I enjoy this movie but we don't use VHS anymore.  Found it online for very little money (I think DVDs suffer from the same monetary value fate as cookbooks, unless the DVD is a discontinued Disney movie).
2. Henry V VHS.  FHA  LOVES this movie.  I can still hear Kenneth Branagh giving his St. Crispin's day speech.  We bought it on DVD.  Yeah, I know.  Is it really de-owning if you are replacing it with something else?  Yes, because you are replacing something you aren't going to use with something you will.
3.  Computer Monitor Owner's Manual.  Do you ever look at these manuals after the first day or so of monitor ownership?  I don't.  This one lived with us for eleven years.  The monitor left before the manual left.
4. Student Manuals on CD.  These are the student manuals for the LDS Seminary program.  I can get the information online now.
5. Computer User's Guide.  The computer left our home several months ago, so it was time for this manual to go.

A few months ago, I cleaned out the file where our belongings' owners manuals, warranties, etc. are kept.  There were manuals for things we hadn't owned in years.  What manuals do you have hanging around?  Do you know where your manuals are?  Now that so much information is online, does it really matter where your manuals are?

Destination:  Deseret Industries, Recycling.

Items De-owned To Date: 180

No comments:

Post a Comment