About Me

I am also a wife, mother, elected official, cyclist, nerd, church volunteer, musician,victim of adult-onset athleticism, community volunteer, and homemaker. I am married to Fun Has Arrived (FHA) and am mother of Astronerd and B. Contact me at Karenchronicles at gmail dot com.

Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Monday, February 6, 2012

February 6, 2012 Warning: a wee bit unsettling

We are almost done with children's books.   Now I will tell you how I almost de-owned part of my finger.  I was using this, but not in the safe manner shown in this picture.  I was slicing an onion and the onion didn't stick to the "gripper thing that saves your fingers".  Others had been using it and I kept warning them "WATCH WHAT YOU ARE DOING SO YOU DO NOT SLICE YOUR FINGER".   So guess who slices her pinky finger.  Yep, you're right.  Part of my fingertip was held to the rest of my finger by a teeny, tiny piece of skin.  FHA used Home Depot grade super glue gel to glue the piece in place. The thought was to keep it there until the area below healed and then the cut part would come off.  But something different happened.

My finger did heal, but the cut part reattached itself to my finger!  I was shocked!  It is still numb and I don't know if I will ever get feeling back, but I am glad to have my finger intact again.  Bodies are amazing.

Do not try to de-own body parts.  Trust me.

Items De-owned:  15 children's books

Destination:  Deseret Industries and  Elementary School Faculty Room.

Items De-owned to Date:  160

No comments:

Post a Comment