About Me

I am also a wife, mother, elected official, cyclist, nerd, church volunteer, musician,victim of adult-onset athleticism, community volunteer, and homemaker. I am married to Fun Has Arrived (FHA) and am mother of Astronerd and B. Contact me at Karenchronicles at gmail dot com.

Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

February 7, 2012

Last day of children's books and the bending of the definition of "de-own".  Today I am using "de-own" to mean returning something to its owner.  BUT, in defense of my definition, I thought  four books were ours and I was de-owning them.  Both Astronerd and B said "Mom!  Those are Grandma's books."  I had completely forgotten one of my kids borrowed them.  I returned them to Grandma, who by the way, remembered them.  Sorry we had them so long, Grandma.

Two of the items I de-owned were Scholastic children's book/tape sets.  My kids loved listening to books on tape, especially the ones read by grandparents.  When B was small, my parents read a collection of picture books onto tape, complete with Vivaldi's Four Seasons background music and a bell and I believe bulb horn to indicate page turns.  Those are still treasures in our home.

Items De-Owned (and returned): 15

Destination:  Deseret Industries, Elementary School Faculty Room and Grandma's House

Items De-Owned to Date:  175

No comments:

Post a Comment