About Me

I am also a wife, mother, elected official, cyclist, nerd, church volunteer, musician,victim of adult-onset athleticism, community volunteer, and homemaker. I am married to Fun Has Arrived (FHA) and am mother of Astronerd and B. Contact me at Karenchronicles at gmail dot com.

Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

January 17, 2012

Look!  More Cookbooks!  Will this ever end?  Why, yes it will, but not yet.   Here we go.

1. Sunset Cookbook of Favorite Recipes.  I remember reading Sunset Magazine when I was little.  I liked looking at the gardening, travel and home sections.  I sort of skipped the recipes at that point in time.  I loved the magazine because it made me feel very cool I lived in California and the homes and gardens featured were beautiful. I also learned there were cool places to visit nearby.  In fact, I continue to subscribe today.
 Did you know Sunset Magazine was started in 1898 by Southern Pacific Transportation Company to help combat negative images of the West? We just bought a reproduction of a 1904 Sunset Magazine cover by Maynard Dixon.  We plan on framing and hanging it.  

2. Taste of Country 4th Ed.  Another neighbor freebie.

3. Philadelphia Cream Cheese Cookbook.  Being lactose intolerant, this just didn't appeal to me.  ugh.

4. Recipes from the Heart of Pampered Chef.  Bought it at thrift store, marked recipes I wanted to try, never did it.  

5.  Hey, a DVD snuck in,  A Series of Unfortunate Events.  No, it isn't chronicling my collecting cookbooks.

Destination:  Mom, Deseret Industries

Items De-owned to date:  50

No comments:

Post a Comment