About Me

I am also a wife, mother, elected official, cyclist, nerd, church volunteer, musician,victim of adult-onset athleticism, community volunteer, and homemaker. I am married to Fun Has Arrived (FHA) and am mother of Astronerd and B. Contact me at Karenchronicles at gmail dot com.

Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

January 11, 2012

I must warn you, the next few posts are going to look the same. My family and I have gone through our cookbook collection, again. My family LOVES cookbooks. FHA used to spend Sunday afternoons reading cookbooks with Astronerd and B. B is in a college major that involves some cooking. Astronerd just told us, when asked what skills she must have in order be on her own: "I know how to brown hamburger, so that's taken care of." FHA invents recipes and has his own recipe notebook. Me? Well, I just buy the cookbooks, read through them and wait to eat what the others cook. I really do like to cook, I just don't like shopping, prep and cleanup.

I really like cookbooks. I like the pictures, the advice on planning parties and the hope that yes, even I, could make something delicious. However, I don't need to own every cookbook ever printed (but we did keep FHA's Pipe Springs Cookbook-head cheese-yummmm. Not. Look it up and prepare to gag.)My mom gave me cookbooks too! That's where I got my love of cookbooks. So we went through the cookbooks again. We have cut it down to about 5-6 feet of shelf space. Yes! Here is what we de-owned:

1. A book. Not a cookbook.
2. A Taste of Home Annual Recipes 2003: a freebie from a downsizing neighbor.
3. 1 year's worth of Taste of Home Magazine
4. 1 more year's worth of Taste of Home Magazine.
5. Yet another year of Taste of Home Magazine.

Destination: DI, Mom


Items de-owned to date: 30